All admissions to Mahindra International School (MIS) are on first come first served basis. The admission procedure for the new school year begins in the month of January and you are advised to contact the school admissions office as early as possible.
All the forms are filed in order of receipt and we are in a position to make new admission offers provided we have space in the class you are seeking admission too. This is normally confirmed by April/May.
- Non Discrimination Statement – The Mahindra International School admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policy, athletic and other school administered programs.
- Age and Grade Placement
The age-cut off at the Mahindra International School is September 1st.
Early year 1/ Preschool 1: Students must turn 3 on or before September 1 of the year of attendance.
Early year 2 / Preschool 2: Students must turn 4 on or before September 1 of the year of attendance.
Early year 3 / Preschool 3: Students must turn 5 on or before September 1 of the year of attendance.
PYP 1 / Grade 1: Students must turn 6 on or before September 1 of the year of attendance.
Students come to the Mahindra International School from many different countries, differing school calendars and age-cut off dates. After careful consideration of an applicant’s age, school records, and academic history, students are placed with consideration given to the MIS curriculum, standards, and expectations, as well as performance on any test the Admissions office may wish to administer.
Applicants from countries whose school year calendar finishes during December-March (ie. Southern Hemisphere, Japan and Korea) will continue for an additional semester in the grade most recently completed. The Admissions Office wants to ensure that students are placed in the most appropriate learning environment.
The School recognizes that there may be differences in opinion of parents or students regarding grade placement as a result of a transfer from a different educational system, different program of studies, or a system based on a different calendar year.
The Mahindra International School (MIS) reserves the right to make all final determinations regarding grade placement.
Payment of the application and admission fee will confirm your child’s admission to the Mahindra International School.
Mahindra International School is an inclusive school and has a small department to help a limited number of students having special needs.
The School deserves the right to deny admission without giving any reason.
- Submission of application https://mbis.openapply.com with supporting documents: School records for two years in a single PDF file, copies of parent’s passport, confidential form directly received by us from the current school and any other information that you think is important for the school to have.
- Upon receipt of the complete application and documents, the school finance office will mail you the invoice for the application fee.
- The Admission form and supporting documents are reviewed upon receipt of the application fee, assessment tests, meetings and or skype interaction (for students not in the country) is conducted for admission to MYP 1 and onwards.
- The seat is reserved or confirmed on payment of the admission fees.
- All admission to Mahindra International School are on first come first serve basis and seat will be offered based on the availability in each class.
For admissions contact the school admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org