Information for College Representatives
School Profile – Click here to view School Profile
School Calendar – Click here to view School Calendar
Visits to MBIS
Mercedes-Benz International School (MBIS) welcomes college admissions officer(s) and official university employed representatives to our campus. If you are an agent, either contracted or commissioned, please see the note below.
The best times for visits are Monday through Friday:
09:15 – 10:15 (straddling break 1)
11:00 – 12:00 (straddling break 2)
12:45 – 13:45 (Lunch – You are welcome to let us know and have lunch with us a little earlier or later)
We encourage you to use RepVisits (https://CounselorCommunity.com) to schedule visits with Mercedes-Benz International School. This allows you to see our school calendar and set up the best time for a visit without multiple emails back and forth that can end in confusion. Please do email us directly if you are unable to access RepVisits.
Let us know if you are traveling in a bigger group and have other time constraints that do not fit the times given above. Also, please ask if you have any other questions or if we may make some recommendations for you a way from the usual hotel fare.
MBIS College Counselor: Mr. Tim Getter
MBIS College Counseling Office: Ms. Reena Nair
+91 20 4295 4444 / Ext. 2257
Click on the map for direction to MBIS.
The traffic in Pune is highly variable. It is important to know that there is heavy commuter traffic out from Central Pune to our side of town for employment in Hinjawadi in the morning and back again in the late afternoon/early evening. Please do not plan to keep a tight schedule. Always leave plenty of time to arrive and if you are early we will be happy to accommodate you with some tea and a place a place to catch up on work or have a chat with the counselor. We will be making special arrangements with teachers, students, and parents for the specific time of your visit. It puts us all in a difficult situation when representatives are late or do not show up and we may not be able to keep the students waiting.
- Time to/from Pune Airport: 1 to 2 hours
- Time to/from Mumbai Airport: 5 to 4.5 hours
Driving time between MBIS and few other Schools around Pune:
- UWC Mahindra College: 60 to 90 minutes through the country side
- Indus International School: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Symbiosis International School: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Victorious Kidss Educares: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Vishwashanti Gurukul: 90 to 120 minutes of city traffic
Due to traffic conditions in Pune, travel time between hotels in Central Pune and MBIS on week days can be 1.5 to 2.5 hours or more with the heaviest traffic between 8 and 10 in the morning with commuters coming out to work on our side of town. There are a few decent hotels on our side of town in and around Hinjawadi. These also allow for easy access to Mahindra UWC and an easier drive to/from Mumbai. Staying in one of these will be best option to avoid sitting in morning traffic on the way out to Hinjawadi. This will allow for an easy morning visit to MBIS in advance of your other school visits with less heavy traffic in the morning through early afternoon into town.
- Radisson Blu: Right behind MBIS and a 5 to 10 minute walk
- Hyatt Place Hinjawadi: 5 minute drive
- Lemon Tree: 5 minute drive
- The Gateway Taj Hotel Hinjawadi: 10 to 15 minute drive
- Courtyard Marriot Hinjawadi: 10 to 15 minute drive
- JW Marriott: Half-way between Central Pune and Hinjawadi and still 45 to 90 minutes
- We advertise college visits to our secondary students as well as parents and encourage them to participate.
- Please send us soft copy posters and a small write up of information about your college which we can post on a bulletin board and easily share in advance with our community by email.
- We normally provide a more personal table chair setup. In certain situations, we may give a college or group a chance to give an original presentation to a larger group.
- If in case you are running late for the visit, kindly contact our office at the number given above.
- It is often mutually beneficial to have more than one college visit at a time. This can attract a broader interest group and reduce the disruption to classes. Please feel free to request a date even if you see some other colleges visiting us at the same time.
- Agents that are either contracted or commissioned are generally not permitted to visit MBIS unless the university has directly introduced and requested their visit to us and if they meet NACACs Code of Ethics and Professional Practices (page 10).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MBIS
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT