Special Education Needs and Learning Skills Center

Services are available for students who have been identified as students who learn differently on a standardized, individually-administered test(s). An outside agency or a psychologist may administer these test(s) or the student‘s parents may request that a specialist administer the test(s) in school. There are teachers who are certified in either special education and/or reading who have been specially trained to work with the special students. Each student who receives services will have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) which documents the Special Needs and the treatment plan. This IEP is reviewed at least once a year. If the student moves to another country or moves onto college, this IEP should be presented to the new school so that the student can receive a continuation of services that are of benefit.

In the MYP Programme most support services are provided within class. It is an exception for the student to be removed from class.