MBIS strives to develop a community of digital lifelong learners who aspire to make a difference in the not-yet-known-world
At MBIS, we are committed to integrating technology to enhance the learning and teaching environment. We engage our learners in solving challenging problems and puzzles, thinking critically and enhancing their creativity. We provide learning experiences that are connected with pedagogical purpose, encourage collaboration and provide a window for expression and reflection. We recognize the importance of digital literacy and use technology to develop responsible and empowered individuals.
Read the complete EdTech Vision here.
Infrastructure and platforms
We use various platforms to articulate the different needs we have:
|Curriculum, Report Cards, Attendance||ManageBac|
|Learning Process (PYP1 to DP2)||G Suite for Education with special focus on Google Classroom|
|Eportfolio in Primary (PS to PYP5)||Seesaw|
|Library Management System||Follett Destiny|
We are a multi-device school. In the Primary school, we provide:
- 15 iPads in Preschool
- 1:1 iPad in PYP1-2
- 1:1 Chromebook in PYP3-4-5
In the Secondary school, we developed a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programme. MYP1 to DP2 students are expected to come to school with a laptop following those specifications:
Minimal technical requirements for Windows laptops:
- Processor 2.2 GHz (Intel/AMD) with 64 bit compatibility mode support
- 4 Gigabyte RAM (minimum)
- 300 GB Hard drive or better (Solid State drive for better performance)
- Portable Hard Drive for work file backup
- Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n/ac, supports WPA2 Authentication (most recent hardware should support it)
- The laptop hardware should support Windows 7 or above
- Worldwide/India service, parts and labor warranty
- Anti Virus subscription (Kaspersky, Mcafee, AVG etc)
Technical Requirements for Macintosh users:
- Any MacBook
- Anti Malware (Malwarebytes is free)
The Tech Team comprises of:
- An IT Manager
- Two Technology Support Engineers
- Two EdTech Coaches
In addition, we have developed a technology mentoring programme that involve several teachers and administrators who mentor their colleagues to improve their use of technology for teaching, learning and productivity.
Teachers at MBIS integrate technology in the classroom regularly through our platforms and through various learning engagements, creative tasks and digital citizenship lessons. To know more about our engagements with Digital Citizenship, click here.